Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Driving Test Attempt Four


Not really a lot to write about today, or at least not at great length, but I finally passed my driving test! Fourth attempt and I have passed with six minors.

I was an absolute wreck. I said I wanted to do something that scares me to some degree every day, but I didn’t really mean fear to the point of feeling sick, shaking and wanting to quit!

But that’s what driving is. It’s like everything worth having. Getting to it is terrifying, stressful, emotional, and isn’t necessarily going to happen first time. I know a few days ago I would have scoffed at this advice, but the only thing you can really do is keeping going and remember what you’re aiming for. It would have been so much easier to quit, but then I wouldn’t have passed and passing will give me so much more independence and time and so many less strange people showing me their pet mice on the bus.

So now I get to car hunt. Unfortunately, I won’t have a car by tomorrow, so I still have to get up at 5.30 to make it to work experience that would take 40 minutes to drive to by 8.30. Two busses and a taxi that will take me two hours, I bet there are people in the world that could run there in better time. I’m only getting up that early so I have time for breakfast, a shower and a coffee, the basics to feel human!

I won’t get to write tomorrow as my day is quite hectic, going something like home-placement-job centre-home-Marc’s house, but I’m sure I’ll have a lot more to write about on Friday after all this. I do have a placement and a dole appointment, both of which are terrifying. I may even be closer to having a car by Friday!

So for now, I’m going to bask in my relief, maybe write some of my creative writing for a bit or read, then go for another early night.

Sorry for being boring this week! But hard work and persistence does pay off, which is something I’ll have to remember at the job centre tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment